forums are online…

12Jan07

Thanks to Mark, that I at the end find a good and easy Forum plugin.

I can recommend it and hope that the plugin author will update and work on it as long as possible… RS-Discuss

Anyway, i would like to request now everbody to post in this forums for support, otherwise I loose total overview about the discussion (Wordtube has already 70 comments).

10 Responses to “forums are online…”

1. Gravatar Icon 1 ttancm Posted February 12th, 2007 - 10:48

Hello Alex,

Do you like the RS Forum plugin? Any problems with it?

I’m looking to put a different forum up on my site (had phpbb for awhile, but nothing but spam, and not integrated with WP, so I ditched it).

2. Gravatar Icon 2 alex.rabe Posted February 12th, 2007 - 13:42

Mhh….

First : Yes I like it , it’s good and easy , but…:
    here the pros and cons :

Pro :
    -Easy to install
    -Real plugin , no seperate database
    -Truly integrated in WordPress
    -Optimal for a narrow web page design

Contra :
    - No Email message if some post
    - No Akismet support
    - Some bugs with WP2.1
    - Search didn’t work ( here at my page )

At the moment I didn’t suggest bbpress, it needs more time, but it’s on a good way, but test it. Maybe it’s good for you.

3. Gravatar Icon 3 ttancm Posted February 22nd, 2007 - 04:39

Hi Alex, sorry for the delay in reply, been busy lately.

Thanks for the opinions. I’ve been looking at BBpress as well, but have been kind of disappointed in it. Being as it’s more or less made by the same people as WordPress I hoped it would be integrated better, but it apparently requires a lot of modification to embed in WordPress.

There’s another 3-4 WP based forum plugins but most don’t work in 2.1 and those that do still have some big problems.

Ah well, I guess I can wait a little longer.

4. Gravatar Icon 4 Disasta Posted December 18th, 2011 - 23:48

I instaklled Nextgen Gallery on wordpress 3.3 and everythign was ok then when I created a gallery and started using it, all the photos and images on my WHOLE site won’t show up now, not one image on the whole site is visible. What happened? I deactivated nextgen gallery and uninstalled it and now all my images are still not showing up, just the names of them, even in the media library.

Disasta

5. Gravatar Icon 5 Dominik Neuner Posted December 19th, 2011 - 16:02

hi, really great plugin.

an issue which i recently found is when uploading portrait images with a big resolution (4000×3000) the uploading/cropping does not work anymore… maybe you could fix this (also the memory usage is horroble)

i changed some css parameters, because the image numbers and the <> buttons are really tiny on smartphones.
    maybe you could change this in the plugin:

#shDisplay div#shCount {
    font: normal 12px/14px ‘Lucida Grande’, Verdana, sans-serif;
    }

#shDisplay div#shTitle a {
    font: bold 18pt ‘Courier New’, Courier, fixed;
    }

best regards
    dominik

6. Gravatar Icon 6 Ryan Posted December 19th, 2011 - 17:42

Is there a way to make the gallery show up in an i-frame, such as a tab in a facebook page?

7. Gravatar Icon 7 Cat Posted December 20th, 2011 - 04:48

does the Nextgen Gallery plugin integrate with Picasa in anyway? As in, can it load the images via an rss feed?

Thanks,
    Cat

8. Gravatar Icon 8 Bill Posted December 20th, 2011 - 20:12

Hey Alex… I am trying to acocmplish something with the NGG plugin and not sure if its even doable.. but figure I would ask an expert.

The gallery is for a plastic surgeron. They want to show before & after photos of patients for each procedure they do. Each procedure has a list of patients showing a thumbnail of their before and their after and then click through to larger views.

The way I set it up was for example I created an ALBUM called Blepharopalsty and then for each patient in this album i created a unique gallery (calling each one patient 1, patient 2, etc etc.

I have it displaying exactly as I envisioned it would EXCEPT the album main page only shows 1 thumbnail for each gallery attached to it.

I need it to show 2 thumbnails… is that possible??

hope you can help and happy holidays!

9. Gravatar Icon 9 Occasio Gee Posted December 21st, 2011 - 05:09

I use NextGen with the widget plugin however I would like to only display 1 image yet when that opens in lightbox I would like scroll additional photos in that album. What’s the easiest way to accomplish this?

10. Gravatar Icon 10 David Poninski Posted December 21st, 2011 - 16:51

I would love to see this plugin integrated into buddypress. It’s such a well done plugin and I think it would be extremely useful.