Shutter reloaded

15Oct07

Thanks to a tip from Lise, I found a new cool image javascript effect, called Shutter Reloaded. This effect you can download as WordPress plugin here : http://www.laptoptips.ca/projects/wp-shutter-reloaded/

It’s a very lightweight (5kb) and easy to use script and looks very cool in my opinion. If you would like to use it , then simply download the plugin and activate in the shutter reloaded settings the option : “Shutter on all image links and use LightBox style (rel=”lightbox[...]“) activation and sets.” Now select in the NextGEN Gallery options->effect the “Lightbox” effect code…

See it live in action at my random pictures…

16 Responses to “Shutter reloaded”

1. Gravatar Icon 1 Christopher Posted October 16th, 2007 - 13:19

Thanks for the suggestion, I love the simplicity and clean effect and have it up and running on my blog.

I went for the “Shutter on all image links and automatically make image sets for each Post/Page” option – then all the singlepic images in a post are linked together automatically into a set. Very cool.

It did ‘break’ the random image on the sidebar – but I had been thinking of removing that for a while anyway.

2. Gravatar Icon 2 kretzschmar Posted October 16th, 2007 - 20:09

I use this plugin for a while now because of it’s feature to add the shutter effect automatically. You should really think about your modified thickbox effect in NGGallery.

3. Gravatar Icon 3 Tobi Posted October 17th, 2007 - 02:04

Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion! It looks really cool. But i take pride in my loading animation! :-)

But i will try it and the compatibility with my blog. Maybe you can convince me!

Cheers
    Tobi

4. Gravatar Icon 4 Matt Posted October 20th, 2007 - 21:32

I tried it and it worked fine with the Random Images in the sidebar, but it didn’t work with any of my galleries (or even images I’ve posted with Lightbox outside of NextGen Gallery).

5. Gravatar Icon 5 Helene D. Posted October 30th, 2007 - 18:24

I like this effect and it works in Safari 1! I will definitely give it a try in place of thickbox.

Have you looked at any of the new scripts that simulate Apple’s cool new coverflow effect? Now that would be a nice web2.0-like slideshow add-on! There’s reflex.js, ezSlide, and my favorite, the code by Michael L Perry which is right there in his page source and he discusses it on his blog.

6. Gravatar Icon 6 Pavan Chander Posted November 10th, 2007 - 12:21

Thanks for the tip, Shutter looks pretty decent.
    Is there a way to get the mouseover titles to display the image description? Upon switching to lightbox the titles disappear and are replaced with the ugly image filenames.

7. Gravatar Icon 7 Angela Posted November 10th, 2007 - 16:59

I am not able to create a new gallery because I’m getting a message that says the wp-content/gallery folder does not exist in the directory. How do I put this into the directory or find it, or place it. I tried adding a folder by that name in the ftp, but nothing is happening.

8. Gravatar Icon 8 Ryan Northcott Posted December 9th, 2007 - 08:13

did you set your file permissions correctly? go back to ftp and set file permissions on wp-content/gallery to 777

9. Gravatar Icon 9 Cindy Posted September 17th, 2008 - 18:48

I am using NextGen gallery with shutter reloaded options set to options->effect the “Lightbox” effect.

It works nice, but the previous and next images or text will not show up no matter what I do.

10. Gravatar Icon 10 vhc Posted November 20th, 2008 - 22:48

Hey,

I love NextGen, as well as the lightbox and shutter plugins.

I’ve been trying to get Lightbox or Shutter to work with NextGen on the [imagebrowser id=X] mode so that when an imaged is zoomed into, lightbox or shutter know to add the next and previous of that particular NextGen gallery.

Is there a way to do this?

11. Gravatar Icon 11 Dee Yan Posted December 4th, 2008 - 13:49

I use nextGEN gallery( its great plugin, many thanks ) for make it looks live i use SmoothGallery plugin, i really want to use shutter reloaded on that gallery, how can i put 3 plugins work together?

12. Gravatar Icon 12 simisch Posted January 3rd, 2009 - 00:17

hi,
    thanks for a great plugin. I updated recently to 1.0.2 and wp 2.7. How is it possible to display a descritpion text within the shutter reloaded box?
    Thanks for helping

13. Gravatar Icon 13 tegotha Posted April 2nd, 2011 - 20:58

Hi, both the shutter reloaded, as well as the native NextGen shutter effect are having problems when viewed via IE9 or chrome 8+. The first picture in a group is displayed fine, but all subsequent images are centralized at or even beyond the bottom of the browser screen, and require a scroll down to view. Any plans on fixing this issue?

14. Gravatar Icon 14 Kristian Posted September 9th, 2011 - 13:54

Got the same problem as Tegotha

Who's linking?

1. 1 The NAvAP Trackback on Nov 10th, 2007
    "Shutter and Lightbox... The last 4 hours of my life were spent integrating Shutter into the NextGEN gallery, and comparing the …"
  2. 2 Post 2- This is my second post !!! Pingback on Apr 29th, 2008
    "[...] Shutter Reloaded is easily integrated with Alex Rabe’s excellent NextGEN Gallery plugin. More info. [...] "