wordTube – Ready for WordPress 2.5

16Mar08

After a very long time uploaded in this seconds a new version of wordTube. Version 1.60 is the work of Alakhnor, who rewrite the whole plugin to a class structure. Without his amazing help on this plugin, I would not longer maintain this plugin… so if you would like to support this work, please consider to donate a couple of bucks at his homepage (You will find also other useful plugin’s). This version is now ready for WordPress 2.5, NextGEN Gallery requires still some testing, but I hope also to release a new version in the next week…

Here this the list of changes for wordTube:

- complete rewrite into a class
- playlist on right side
- start icon off/on
- control bar off/on
- function to display media with width/height
- fix excerpt
- sortable playlist
- choice for mp3 layout
- WP formatted filters on manage screen (media list screen)
- Media selection can be ‘last’ or ‘random’ ex: [ MEDIA=last ]
- Remove count complete
- Added button for WP2.5

9 Responses to “wordTube – Ready for WordPress 2.5”

1. Gravatar Icon 1 sainsuper Posted March 17th, 2008 - 21:54

Hello,
    a Suggestion for next release can be the use of recommentations tag of jw mediaplaye at the end of video.
    I have a question: But in this version (1.60) there isn’t the “center” tag?.

Thank you for this beautiful Plug-in.

2. Gravatar Icon 2 7162 Posted March 18th, 2008 - 11:08

Thank you!
    Is it possible now to adjust the widget separately? And what does “remove count complete” mean?
    I’m looking forward using the new version!

3. Gravatar Icon 3 Alfons Posted March 19th, 2008 - 20:01

Thanks for your update. Is it still compatible to WP 2.2.3 or is this update just for 2.5?

4. Gravatar Icon 4 azz Posted March 25th, 2008 - 17:13

Hi alex..

Just want to inform you:

Wordtube version 1.60 – statistic count bug (not counting)
    My WordPress version 2.3.1

Had to revert back to wordtube version 1.53

5. Gravatar Icon 5 Chan Posted March 28th, 2008 - 03:21

please don’t give up on Wordtube, from my point of view this is one of the best plugin for wordpress.

6. Gravatar Icon 6 Rofaldez Posted April 15th, 2008 - 04:06

Hey dude,
    nice plugin by the way. A collegue of mine asked to search for a mediaplayer plugin for her dj website. And your plugin rocked man…

I downloaded it instantly and upload a nice dutch mp3 for it. And nice – only 1 thing though. The playlist wont show in my post. I tried adding the tag [myplaylist=last15] still no playlist man. Can you help me out on this one.

my link: just click on my website url.

Thanc btw – plugin rocks.

PS: I’m using the new wordpress on my site.

7. Gravatar Icon 7 Cristian Posted July 15th, 2008 - 13:51

Hello, Alex! I can’t show the playlist in my blog. Help me, please to solve this problem.

8. Gravatar Icon 8 Gordie Posted July 15th, 2008 - 14:05

I think that you should make something so that your plugin would be working with Genki Youtube Commens (http://ericulous.com/2007/05/16/wp-plugin-genki-youtube-comments/) – it’s a plugin that retrieve the comments of a Youtube video; all you have to do is to insert the video ID as custom key.

Maybe it would be possible to make that automatic when using wordTube.

Anyway; I have a problem with Wordtube : when I use local FLV’s; the video stops after 2-3 sec.. ?

Thanks !

9. Gravatar Icon 9 Gordon Posted December 2nd, 2008 - 14:51

Great plugin!

I can’t find the documentation on how to specify width/height for the video player when using wordtube.

Can you please show me where this is documented?

Cheers,