Final Release Candidate 2

02Dec08

So , WordPress 2.7 RC1 is now available, I suggest to update to this version and play around with the new layout. Thanks to the release delay and your feedback I catch some additional bugs (Piclens, SinglePic scaling). This will be the last release candidate until I upload the version to wordpress.org. Please note that I removed Thickbox now from core, and switched over to Shutter Reloaded, a more lightweight effect. Due to the fact that Thickbox is part of WordPress you can still stay at this effect, only some minor changes from myside are not longer available (Fullsize link).

30 Responses to “Final Release Candidate 2”

1. Gravatar Icon 1 Jordan Posted December 3rd, 2008 - 01:40

Using WordPress MU from trunk the links in the admin do not work. On WordPress trunk admin urls have /wp-admin/admin.php?page=nggallery-add-gallery but mu links show up as /wp-admin/nextgen-gallery?page=nggallery-add-gallery

2. Gravatar Icon 2 Dumu Posted December 3rd, 2008 - 11:20

Thanks, nice work.

3. Gravatar Icon 3 Michel Posted December 3rd, 2008 - 12:07

hello!
    I tried this morning to install your new RC2 version. But, at least, it doesn’t work for me! I cannot upgrade it from my old version:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491477 bytes) in /mnt/125/sdb/7/c/michel.leger1/inframonde/blog/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/lib/meta.php on line 210

Any idea?
    Best regards!

4. Gravatar Icon 4 Yogie Posted December 3rd, 2008 - 15:28

can you add support of the $META “Flash” please?

I think it is essential to know if the flash was fired or not… ;-)

Yogie

5. Gravatar Icon 5 Caroline Posted December 3rd, 2008 - 18:33

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1804 bytes) in …/httpd.www/basiel/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/lib/gd.thumbnail.inc.php on line 927

Same prob, before and after the upgrade (using wp 2.7rc1) uploading images don’t work, flash uploader don’t work, import folder don’t work :-(

6. Gravatar Icon 6 Caroline Posted December 3rd, 2008 - 18:35

* Operating System : Linux
    * Server : Apache
    * Memory usage : 12.31 MByte
    * MYSQL Version : 5.0.32-Debian_7etch8-log
    * SQL Mode : Not set
    * PHP Version : 5.2.6
    * PHP Safe Mode : On
    * PHP Allow URL fopen : On
    * PHP Memory Limit : 16M
    * PHP Max Upload Size : 12M
    * PHP Max Post Size : 12M
    * PHP Max Script Execute Time : 30s
    * PHP Exif support : Yes ( V1.4 )
    * PHP IPTC support : Yes
    * PHP XML support : Yes

7. Gravatar Icon 7 Loren Posted December 4th, 2008 - 00:07

I installed NG RC2 on WP 2.7 RC1 but when I upload a zipped file and select a gallery to load it into NG creates a new directory. In fact it creates a new directory every time I upload a zipped file.

The Cooliris feature is very cool!

Loren

8. Gravatar Icon 8 Loren Posted December 4th, 2008 - 00:13

Sorry, that should have read NG creates a new gallery (not directory).
    Loren

9. Gravatar Icon 9 Cynthia Posted December 4th, 2008 - 06:04

Manage Gallery / Resize Images will not work for me with NG RC2 and WP 2.7 RC1. No other issues tho. :)

Image resizing works fine with older stable version.

10. Gravatar Icon 10 kuresh Anbari Posted December 4th, 2008 - 09:04

Download NextGEN Gallery Version 1.0.0 RC2:
    “Your client does not have permission to get URL /files/nextgen-gallery_v1.0.0.RC2.zip from this server. (Client IP address: 194.225.166.10)

You are accessing this page from a forbidden country.”
    whay???

11. Gravatar Icon 11 Michel Posted December 4th, 2008 - 09:47

Hello!
    I just come back to tell you I found a solution about the question I left yesterday!

Before upgrading Nextgen, I just closed all my plugins and it works!!!
    Thank You!!!

12. Gravatar Icon 12 Caroline Posted December 4th, 2008 - 11:20

On Michel’s reply I started thinking and this is what I found. I’m using the XML Google Maps plugin. If I disable that plugin, then NextGEN Galery works fine. (They used to work togheter under wp2.6)

13. Gravatar Icon 13 Pieter Posted December 5th, 2008 - 12:16

working perfect. Any chance I’ll be able to link a sidebar widget/thumbnail to a specified gallery? I’m kind of a NG noob, and don’t realy understand why it only shows max 4 thumbs/images of a gallery.

14. Gravatar Icon 14 Yogie Posted December 5th, 2008 - 12:51

I have to deactivate the WP-Scriptaculous Plugin do work with the NEXTGen Gallery correctly…

15. Gravatar Icon 15 Michel Posted December 5th, 2008 - 14:17

For my own, Difficulties are due to the Plugin “Now reading”. exactly with class-snoopy! Good luck!

16. Gravatar Icon 16 Jokay Posted December 5th, 2008 - 14:53

I tried NextGEN Gallery Version 1.0.0 RC2, NextGen Flash Gallery still worked, but I couldn´t get to the Flash gallery settings panel.
    Now I downgraded NextGen to an older version, no problems anymore.
    My regards, thanks for your work, hope your real project is going fine,
    Jókay

17. Gravatar Icon 17 Michel Posted December 8th, 2008 - 09:40

Little bug:
    I am using ImageFlow with Nextgen 1.00 RC2. It’s great! No trouble with it, but, at the top of my admin panel this text:
    “Sorry, NextGEN ImageFlow works only in combination with NextGEN Gallery.”

18. Gravatar Icon 18 AtlantaBarStarz.com Posted December 8th, 2008 - 10:24

Ok, first off, thanks, I’ve been using next gen on my site AtlantaBarStarz.com ever since I started the site.

Today I had a little free time to play with the RC1 of 2.7 and RC2 of NG. I copied my site and database to do some testing on a non-live site. Everything was looking good till I tried viewing the galleries. The album list showed up correctly on the main page. The first page of thumbs showed up in the image browser of each of the gallerys. When I tried to view one of the images or the second page of thumbs, I get a not found error… on every gallery.

I’m not sure what’s going on but if you could take a look at my test install at http://www.dance-humor.com/upgrade/gallerys/ to see what’s going on I’d really appreciate it. I’ve got over 8000 photos and growing daily.

Thanks!

19. Gravatar Icon 19 alex.rabe Posted December 8th, 2008 - 10:26

Update your permalinks after you update the plugin

@Michel
    The ImageFlow plugin needs a update for V1.0.0

20. Gravatar Icon 20 AtlantaBarStarz.com Posted December 8th, 2008 - 16:04

Silly Question, How do I update my permalinks?

21. Gravatar Icon 21 marcO Posted December 11th, 2008 - 11:05

Excellent work as allways – but it think i ran into one bug regarding the mediarss feed. If you use the widgets to preview some pictures the mediarss feed is created twice – leads into doublicates in cooliris view. Furthermore it also is causing problems if you have a galleryview with thumbnails and the widgets previewing some pictures on the same page. again the mediarss feed is not correct.

check here : http://brainhack.de/gallery/?album=2&gallery=36

so what about removing the mediarss feed for the widgets?

–rgds marcO

22. Gravatar Icon 22 florent Posted December 17th, 2008 - 10:07

Hello,

I just try the update with WP 2.7 : All is ak but only wp-table doesn’t work :(

Someone can confirm ? a release is necessary ?

23. Gravatar Icon 23 Josh Posted December 22nd, 2008 - 02:40

Thanks so much for making this available.

I’ve had some trouble getting it to work though. I’ve installed ImageFlow 1.1 on WP 2.6.3 When I create a page with [imageflow id="2"], I see this error on the page:

Cannot load nggallery-imageflow.

Also, when I first installed it, it installed successfully, but showed a warning:

Sorry, NextGEN ImageFlow works only in combination with NextGEN Gallery.

But, NextGen Gallery is installed (version 0.99.1)

Where should I look for a cause?

24. Gravatar Icon 24 dixxie Posted February 6th, 2009 - 10:14

i want to know to manage wp-table in wp 2.7
    there is no manage tab in 2.7 how ?

25. Gravatar Icon 25 nosferato Posted April 1st, 2009 - 21:21

Hey,

Michel’s solution worked for me – I kept getting the error Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 800 bytes) in … when using bulk Resize function.

Now obviously 800 bytes is not the amount that will make you reach your 32M limit, something else must’ve been bad.

I have turned off ALL my plugins. Updated nextgen. And then turned on the plugins one-by-one, each time turning on a plugin I’ve tried a Resize :) It work, and worked, and worked even after turning on the last one.

So try this, even before tweaking with the memory limit, or with including lines like ini_set(‘memory_limit’,’48M’); in your code, if the ‘tried to allocate …’ message says something about 1M or less, it’s probably not really a matter of your server memory limit.

Thanks Alex and thanks Michel!

Oszkar

26. Gravatar Icon 26 Anthony Navarro Posted July 15th, 2009 - 20:48

It would be nice if the ability to have a link to download the full size photo be put back into the plugin… That way the site can perform quickly with the highrez photos but the viewer has the option to view or download the full-rez photo…

Thanks!

-Anthony

27. Gravatar Icon 27 Mike Posted August 29th, 2009 - 07:55

Why is the full size link removed. More people need this link. Could you at least give a choise to use it?

Thanks!!

28. Gravatar Icon 28 Mad Max Posted October 22nd, 2009 - 08:01

How I may activate Fullsize link in Thickbox? It’s very impotant to me… Alex.rabe can you put here your version of Thickbox with “Fullsize link” for download?

Who's linking?

1. 1 Galerie überarbeitet. » Beitrag » Daily Tim Pingback on Dec 4th, 2008
    "[...] eben diesem Plugin eine neue Version draußen, welche nur noch mit Wordpress 2.7 läuft. RC2 kann hier heruntergeladen werden. …"
  2. 2 Die schöne neue Wordpresswelt und ein Simple Tags Fix | marcO's_br4inh4ck Pingback on Dec 11th, 2008
    "[...] Zuge des Wordpress Updates habe ich zwangweise auch das KrankGallery Plugin nggallery erneuern müssen. Nur die aktuelle Final RC2 …"