Paged Albums

09Jan09

So, here is the last message for two weeks (see article before). I finished the next Version of NextGEN Gallery with a couple of changes. I’ve added pagination to the backend, also I’ve added the pagination to the album (Sponsored by SlashGear, see example here) and a new template for captions below the thumbnails. Here is the list of changes :

- NEW : Pagination for album page via custom fields (‘ngg_paged_Galleries’)
- NEW : Support for fixed number of columns inside the gallery
- NEW : Added pagination for galleries and images in admin section
- NEW : New action hook(ngg_added_new_image) after image is uploaded
- NEW : New template for caption below images,
called via [nggallery id=x template=caption]
- Changed : Rework of Manage image tables
- Changed : Move imagerotator.swf to wp-content/uploads
- Changed : Added a URL field to setup the path to the Imagerotator
- Changed : Add additional parameter to gallery object
- Bugfix : Style fixes for tables in IE7
- Bugfix : All albums code couldn’t use the slideshow, query is empty for 0
- Bugfix : Htmlentities() for links in the a href title description
- Bugfix : Clean up mode for singlepic

49 Responses to “Paged Albums”

1. Gravatar Icon 1 senshi Posted January 10th, 2009 - 00:08

Darauf habe ich lange gewartet, vielen dank. Werde es mir gleich installieren :)

2. Gravatar Icon 2 Torstein Posted January 10th, 2009 - 14:28

I have found your plugin to be a great tool for displaying pictures and now it has become even better! Thanks a lot! If anyone want to take a look at the how I use it, take a look at http://www.ohb.no/foto

3. Gravatar Icon 3 senshi Posted January 10th, 2009 - 20:54

Ich habe da ein komisches Verhalten in der Administration entdeckt. Wenn man in den Gallery Settings eine Seite weiterblättert steht unter Preview image “no picture”. Wenn man wieder auf erste Seite blättert steht im Auswahlfeld wieder das Bild, das man zuvor eingestellt hat. Stört aber weiter nicht, ist nur etwas seltsam.

Habe diese Version ein wenig getestet und finde die neue paging Option echt klasse. Ein Alphabetical Index würde sich über dem Album auch ganz gut machen. :)

Vielen Dank nochmal.

4. Gravatar Icon 4 Michael Posted January 11th, 2009 - 14:54

Was mir persönlich fehlt (vielleicht hab ich´s auch nur noch nicht gefunden) ist, dass wenn ich mehrere Alben auf einer Seite anzeigen lasse, diese mit dem Albumtitel separiert werden. Ansonsten wird´s bei vielen Alben sehr unübersichtlich.

5. Gravatar Icon 5 Carsten Posted January 11th, 2009 - 20:50

Great extension to WordPress! I must say.
    But I have a problem to align the widget slideshow using the stylesheets provided. It defaults to left always. I looked at the html output and it seems that the flash script is not enclosed within the tag of the “ngg-widget-slideshow” class as shown below. The flash script is in fact not able to be styled by any css. Is this a bug?
    Kind regards, Carsten

Get the Flash Player to see the slideshow.

<!–
    –>

6. Gravatar Icon 6 Meyolito Posted January 12th, 2009 - 17:34

Hello, I love your plugin but I have problem with using slideshow widget – it won’t load. I really have no idea what to do…
    Thank you very much in advance.

7. Gravatar Icon 7 Bartolomeo Di Monaco Posted January 12th, 2009 - 18:56

Scusate l’italiano. Non conosco l’inglese. Ho NextGEN Gallery, ma da qualche giorno non funziona più il prelevamento cumulativo delle immagini da una cartella. Devo prelevarle una alla volta.
    Qualcuno può aiutarmi? Grazie.

Bartolomeo Di Monaco

Operating System : Linux
    Server : Apache/2.2
    Memory usage : 11.94 MByte
    MYSQL Version : 5.0.68-log
    SQL Mode : Not set
    PHP Version : 4.4.7
    PHP Safe Mode : Off
    PHP Allow URL fopen : On
    PHP Memory Limit : 32M
    PHP Max Upload Size : 50M
    PHP Max Post Size : 22M
    PHP Max Script Execute Time : 120s
    PHP Exif support : Yes ( V1.4 )
    PHP IPTC support : Yes
    PHP XML support : Yes

8. Gravatar Icon 8 david Posted January 13th, 2009 - 06:21

need your help, i can’t connect album to page.
    what should ido to to connect this. I already set Page Id and give ngg_paged_Galleries= [Album ID]

9. Gravatar Icon 9 Didier Posted January 13th, 2009 - 07:56

When the compatible version for wordpress 2.7,
    think you

10. Gravatar Icon 10 Matt Posted January 14th, 2009 - 05:53

I just installed your plugin and it looks great. Just wanted to say big thanks for your work!

11. Gravatar Icon 11 Torstein Hall Posted January 14th, 2009 - 12:53

Is it a way to secure that the caption text ends up below the Thumbnail? That would make the “thumbnail page” look a lot more elegant

12. Gravatar Icon 12 Torstein Hall Posted January 14th, 2009 - 12:56

I see now that it is supposed to be a themplate ready to do just that (get the Caption below the Thumbnail) But I do not seem to get that part to work…

13. Gravatar Icon 13 fernando Posted January 14th, 2009 - 17:48

hola tu pluggin se be bakan pero parece que es muy dificil, podrias agregar algun tutorial enseñando a acuparlo, un video seria genial, saludos

14. Gravatar Icon 14 Billy Posted January 15th, 2009 - 03:42

I have WordPress 2.7 and your latest version of Nextgen Gallery and when I create a gallery it creates the folder on my server as it always has, but the gallery doesn’t show in the dropdown under the galleries.

15. Gravatar Icon 15 Maud Lerch Posted January 16th, 2009 - 12:31

Ich habe eine neue Galerie erstellt , bekomme sie aber letztlich nicht in die Homepage rein.
    Was kann ich tun ?

Vielen Dank , Maud

16. Gravatar Icon 16 Larry Posted January 16th, 2009 - 16:56

New to this so what may be trivial for many to figure out is trouble for me as of now.

Trying to load images into the gallery and am not able to do so. I figure there is something I’ve missed so need some help

Larry

17. Gravatar Icon 17 CB03 Posted January 17th, 2009 - 19:46

Hi can i use this plugin on a server and my galery files on a other ?

18. Gravatar Icon 18 Hao Posted January 18th, 2009 - 20:12

Good job!! Thank you !!

19. Gravatar Icon 19 tschramm Posted January 19th, 2009 - 08:04

moin, moin …

gibt es die moeglichkeit von einem vorschaubild direkt zu lightbox zu wechseln um sich die in der gallery enthaltenen bilder anzeigen zu lassen, ohne erst in den artikel, welcher die gallery enthaelt wechseln zu muessen.

so long

tschramm

20. Gravatar Icon 20 adrie silva Posted January 19th, 2009 - 20:45

let me tell you this:

Htmlentities() for links in the a href title description

was not a bug…

I really wanted to have a URL with each image’s description.

21. Gravatar Icon 21 Chad Posted January 20th, 2009 - 02:07

Fantastic! This is exactly what I was looking for! Great addition with the album and gallery text displays.

22. Gravatar Icon 22 The_cobra666 Posted January 21st, 2009 - 10:30

Fantastic! Still one mor to go, sub albums :D

23. Gravatar Icon 23 Hobbsy Posted January 21st, 2009 - 20:00

Hi Alex, thanks for the wonderful plugin

Is there any chance you could add “pretty permalinks” to your list of to do’s ?

I would love to have a cleaner version than:
    /photos/?album=1&gallery=3&nggpage=2

as default in the plugin

24. Gravatar Icon 24 Denis Posted January 21st, 2009 - 20:26

Hallo,
    beim Versuch das Plugin zu aktivieren, bekomme ich ein Internel Server Error 500.
    Ich habe das Plugin schon mehrmals neu geladen und auch die Verzeichnisse alle für LESEN und SCHREIBEN eingestellt. Ohne Erfolg.

Hat jemand einen Tipp?

Grüße
    Denis

Hi,
    during the activation of the plugin, i received an internal server error 500. Have anyone an idea?

regards,
    Denis

25. Gravatar Icon 25 cookie Posted January 21st, 2009 - 23:25

hi, great plugin

will updating from 1.0.2 to this new one affect anything?
    like modified styles or anything?

cheers

26. Gravatar Icon 26 Pete Posted January 22nd, 2009 - 09:01

Hello, Im new to this, and I have used your other nextgen galleries, but Im having a hard time to install this! I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it then used filezilla to drag and drop the zip file to this location
    /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery
    is this correct? I cant seem to figure this out, thanks for any help

27. Gravatar Icon 27 Dr. Satori Posted January 22nd, 2009 - 12:43

How is the syntax for the custumfield ngg_paged_Galleries? I’ve found no answers…

28. Gravatar Icon 28 senshi Posted January 23rd, 2009 - 08:08

@Dr. Satori
    Create new custom Field. Use ‘ngg_paged_Galleries’ for Name and a number for Value. For Example ’5′ -> Only 5 galleies/page will be displayed.

29. Gravatar Icon 29 Dr. Satori Posted January 24th, 2009 - 12:03

it’s only in the beta-version possible?? i’ve tried it, but it doesn’t works in the latest version.

30. Gravatar Icon 30 Pim Uijttewaal Posted January 24th, 2009 - 16:46

Hello,

Love your plugin! Small Question, How can I arrange that my pictures are actually SEO ? I don’t see any option/way to incorporate it in Google Site map ?

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Pim

31. Gravatar Icon 31 senshi Posted January 25th, 2009 - 10:17

@Dr. Satori
    Yes, I think so.
    -> – NEW : Pagination for album page via custom fields (’ngg_paged_Galleries’)

32. Gravatar Icon 32 Misu Posted January 27th, 2009 - 15:04

Hi,

Thank you very much for the new version. Since the update, I’ve been having difficulties with the character encoding. I’m using the latest version of the WordPress, the latest version of the plugin with the built-in thickbox. I’m blogging in Hungarian so I’ve translated the thickbox and modified the default character encoding of the file and of course I’m using Hungarian titles for the pictures. It used to work with the previous versions but after the update the character encoding is wrong in the thickbox window. On the backend the entered text is correct, I’ve tried to update it, but no luck. Can somebody help me please?

Thanks!

Misu

33. Gravatar Icon 33 Gira Posted January 27th, 2009 - 15:23

Hi !
    I’m french and make a complete translation of the last version (1.1.0). If your interesting say it to me and I will send it by mail (zip file). I have not a valid wordpress site for this moment.
    One bug, I think.
    In a gallery page, description and title are not present.
    Just on an album page where the description is on the right side of the picture.
    And some of the stylesheet, have no effect.

Excuse my bad english :-)

34. Gravatar Icon 34 Misu Posted January 27th, 2009 - 15:43

[downgraded to 1.0.2]

35. Gravatar Icon 35 Pete Posted January 28th, 2009 - 09:47

I installed 1.1.0 in WP v2.7 and the edit posts and edit pages admin pages became blank white pages.
    I deactivated this plugin and they returned.

I’d love to use this wonderful looking plugin.

Please let me know if you would like further details.
    Please let me know if you fix this bug.

Thanks,
    Pete

36. Gravatar Icon 36 July Posted January 29th, 2009 - 07:54

how can i remove the [Show as slideshow] on the page?

thanks

37. Gravatar Icon 37 Monique Posted January 29th, 2009 - 14:48

well, i hope the upgrade worked for most users !!!!
    I was a happy nextgen user, but am so sorry i clicked OK to upgrade !!
    if you ckcik ”ok” it removes the old one and than……….the new one does not work !!

Been searching and reading for 2 days now !

It’s back to HALF working, frst page of dash board is working

But anything you click on beneat ”gallery” (eg MANAGE) look like this :

Index of /marsite/wordpress/wp-admin/nextgen-gallery
    Parent Directory
    admin/
    css/
    fonts/

HELP

38. Gravatar Icon 38 alex Posted January 29th, 2009 - 20:07

hey, just had to say thank you for making such an excellent plugin with a backend that is so easy to use, and so easy to teach other people how to use. keep up the goodness.

39. Gravatar Icon 39 iGameFlash.com Posted January 30th, 2009 - 20:13

Thanks U very much

40. Gravatar Icon 40 Timothy Posted January 31st, 2009 - 15:58

Great plugin! Thanks for all the work to put this together.

41. Gravatar Icon 41 Maurice Posted February 1st, 2009 - 21:53

I use NextGen and like it. Basic… that’s how I use it. With Albums and Galleries and slideshow and thickbox. That’s it.
    But now I see
    NEW : Pagination for album page via custom fields (’ngg_paged_Galleries’)
    … but I don’t get it.
    How does it work. Is it a trick to make a sub-album?

Where can I find a readable tutorial of all possibilities anyway?

42. Gravatar Icon 42 Kim Posted February 2nd, 2009 - 00:32

1st, THANK YOU for NextGen! Like another user said, “I wouldn’t have a site without your plug-in.”

I am looking for help in migrating several sites from WP to WPMU. The directory changes from wp-content/gallery/galleryname to wp-content/blogs.dir/blog#/file/galleryname.

How to move a site with a zillion images to WPMU?

The domain is mapped so it’s the samedomainname.tld
    Everything is working fine, just want to import a blog and maintain my images.

It would be nice if the “scan folder for new images” was “scan directory for existing galleries”.

Have posted same Q in mu forum.

43. Gravatar Icon 43 Kim Posted February 3rd, 2009 - 01:51

I successfully migrated my wordpress nextgen gallery to my WPMU site. It was as easy as exporting the ngg_ tables, find and replace instances of table name and gallery location with new info, eg; wp_blogID_ngg_ and wp-content/blogs.dir/blogID/files/gallery (blogID = your mu blogID#)

added a test gallery and image to fill tables and get things rolling so-to-speak then deleted it and uploaded all gallery folders to new location. deactivated and reactivated plug-in and whamo. my entire site with every image on every post. I am sooooo happy.

Thanks Alex.

44. Gravatar Icon 44 Maurice Posted February 4th, 2009 - 21:12

(see my previous post on February 1st, 2009 – 9:53 pm)
    I got it. (After thinking in my own language :) and seeking and trying)
    Just for the other seekers:
    - Your page displays an album e.g. [album=9,extend]
    - this album shows thumbnails of 10 galleries
    - add an extra field ngg_paged_Galleries
    - value (for instance) 5

Now your page shows 5 galleries and below an indicator to go to the next page.

45. Gravatar Icon 45 Leannekera Posted December 9th, 2009 - 17:43
  46. Gravatar Icon 46 Charles Potel Posted May 30th, 2010 - 03:34

Thanks Maurice, your post helped me a lot, not thought much about it on the internet! :-D

47. Gravatar Icon 47 Morph Posted June 9th, 2010 - 05:03

Hello. Great work this gallery, is the best we have had on my blog and the best gallery I have ever worked with.
    Now with the pagination of individual albums is as irreplaceable.
    When I can I will make a donation.
    Thank you.
    Sorry my message is posted with a translator.

48. Gravatar Icon 48 daniel Posted July 29th, 2010 - 02:10

custom field for paginated albums is ngg_paged_Galleries
    but what does the value do? I just want to paginate my albums into 3 pages. So is my value 3?

49. Gravatar Icon 49 william Posted February 23rd, 2012 - 09:48