Subalbum – NextGEN Gallery V1.3.0 released

07Jun09

As you can read from the WordPress blog, the version 2.8 should be released on June, 10th. So I speed up the release of NGG , I hope there are no more major bugs inside. What is new in this version ?

There are two,three things I would highlight :

1. Subalbum support

SubalbumAs often requested, I extend the album system in the way that you can add a album inside another album. Therefore you can add now on the album page for each album a description text and a preview image.  As limitation you are not longer able to add more that one album to a post/page.

2. Search for images

SearchIn the gallery tab you are now able to search for images. I know that many people requested as well a search in the front-end, but here I need a bit more time. It’s still on my task list…

3. AJAX navigation for gallery and imagebrowser
Thanks to the contribution from Anty we have now a Ajax navigation. See a demo here : Imagebrowser or gallery. It’s limited to the inbuilt Shutter reloaded effect, so if you use any other javascript image effect it’s requires a modification of the AJAX script code. You can request help at the forums.

Here is the full changelog :

- NEW : Subalbum support
- NEW : Search for images in the admin tab
- NEW : Add new gallery also in manage tab
- NEW : AJAX support for Imagebrowser and gallery navigation (THX to Anty)
- NEW : Added zip upload via URL (THX to Juan Jose Galvez)
- Added : jQuery Multiple File Upload Plugin v1.44
- Added : SWFUpload V2.2.0
- Changed : Remove extension for Alttext during first import
- Changed : Meta tag added via wp_head hook (THX to Viper)
- Bugfix : Correct various PHP notice messages
- Bugfix : Typo fix in custom fields for ngg_gal_ImageBrowser
- Bugfix : Avoid upload of images in gallery without correct capability

As always please request help via the wordpress.org forums, no help in the comment section.

50 Responses to “Subalbum – NextGEN Gallery V1.3.0 released”

1. Gravatar Icon 1 Ramoonus Posted June 7th, 2009 - 13:35

updating straight away

2. Gravatar Icon 2 Christoph Posted June 7th, 2009 - 14:18

Any idea when the update will show up via the wordpress plugin auto-update tool? :)
    And: Thanks!

3. Gravatar Icon 3 Fernando Quirino Posted June 7th, 2009 - 15:20

Fantastic! The search was about time. I have around 800 galeries, was a bit hard to find everything. The only thing missing is the option to search galleries also at the admin tab ;]

4. Gravatar Icon 4 Piséi Posted June 7th, 2009 - 16:35

Just upgraded to v1.3.0 and now I can’t see my gallery because I had integrated with WP e-store. Please take a look at my site and tell me if there’s an easy fix to get my shopping gallery back up. Thanks in advance for your time. http://artoflivingtoday.com/?page_id=277

5. Gravatar Icon 5 Daniela Posted June 7th, 2009 - 18:25

Hi,
    so far I’ve been using V1.2.1. Now I can’t set or change any options, because I’m forced to upgrade to V1.3.0. But here I’ve got the problem, that it doesn’t work properly and I don’t know where to change what? The album seems ok first, but if you want to see the pictures, it shows them twice or three times and lightbox doesn’t work anymore.
    How can I change this or just stick to the older version?

Thank you for any hint.

cheers,
    Daniela

6. Gravatar Icon 6 alex.rabe Posted June 7th, 2009 - 20:43

@Daniela
    Please post alink ad wordpress.org fourms thanks !

7. Gravatar Icon 7 anilwilson Posted June 7th, 2009 - 21:47

Trying to find out that if the NextGen plugin is compatible with WordPress “Mu” 2.7.1.

Please let me know.

8. Gravatar Icon 8 Priscilla Posted June 8th, 2009 - 02:10

Hi I am new to blogging. I would like to know if there is anyway to make specific pictures in the galleries links so that someone can browse by image and then click to link to a post that coincides with the image? Is that possible?

Thanks…..

9. Gravatar Icon 9 Alex Posted June 8th, 2009 - 02:46

Hey, When I install the plugin I get “Error 500 – Internal server error” . Do you know what might be the reason for this?

10. Gravatar Icon 10 Alex Posted June 8th, 2009 - 02:57

…got it…somehow it was conflicting with one of the other installed plugins…I deactivated a bunch and now I’ll activate one by one to see which one is the probl
    cheers

11. Gravatar Icon 11 Chris Posted June 8th, 2009 - 03:23

G’day Alex,

You do a wonderful job and NGG is a masterpiece.

One small feature I’d like added is usage instructions as an item in the Gallery menu.

12. Gravatar Icon 12 Guillermo Posted June 8th, 2009 - 03:56

I posted this message, but did not appeared, don’t know why…. lets try again.

Just upgraded to v.1.3.1 and the new features are great! Congratulations!

I love the new AJAX navigation.

Currently I’m using it to publish over 4,850+ photos (in 1 album and 125 galleries). I have some suggestions I want to share with you that might be good for a future release.

The way I use NextGEN Gallery is, I have a WP Page with only this content:
    [album id=1 template=extend]

This way, that page shows all the galleries in the album id=1
    You can see it live here:

This way is great, because it works like a normal photo gallery list and it displays the title, thumbnail and gallery details. That way the use clicks on the title or thumbnail and see the photos.

What I would suggest is that when a user clicks to view a gallery (as you can see here: http://www.pulsorock.com/fotos/?album=1&gallery=149) notice that in that page there is no me information about the gallery I am at… no title, no description (like the previous page provided)… just the photos. It would be nice if I could choose to display the gallery details and title at the top of the photos, this way provide useful information for the users watching the photos. I also noticed in this same view that the HTML TITLE tag does not display the gallery information, it just displays something like: “Album 1 « Gallery 149 « Fotos » PulsoRock.Com” where “Album 1 « Gallery 149″ is the Album ID and gallery ID, the rest is the page title and the blog title. It would be nice it displayed the gallery name instead of the ID#. This way it makes it more SEO friendly.

I like very much the new AJAX navigation in the galleries, what I would add is that when I click on a next page, the page focus to the top of the galley… this is useful when I have a long lists of photos, the user can continue to view the new page from the top without having to scroll to the top. (for an example, click the above gallery link).

Those are my suggestions… thanks for a great plug-in….

G

13. Gravatar Icon 13 Nick Posted June 8th, 2009 - 04:55

Any chance of getting NextGen 1.3.1 compatible with WP 2.7.1?

14. Gravatar Icon 14 Robert Posted June 8th, 2009 - 06:58

wonderful plugin – will update as soon as I switched to 2.8

Any idea, when you add the possibility of disabling the galery replacement in the rss feed?

many thanks

15. Gravatar Icon 15 Daniela Posted June 8th, 2009 - 08:04

thank you -sorry I already thought it’s not exactly the right place for my problem. Quite new to blogging and forums – found it!

Thank you for your hint and for the great job with the gallery

Daniela

16. Gravatar Icon 16 AK Posted June 8th, 2009 - 09:20

great software! one thing about the update, there are 2 links next to a slideshow (show as slideshow and view with piclens). The “show as slideshow” no longer works. piclens is still ok. Any ideas?

17. Gravatar Icon 17 nets Posted June 8th, 2009 - 10:48

Hi! Thank your for the great plugin! I’ve a few minors problems to report :
    - SWFupload doesn’t seem to accept .jpeg files (I’m running WP2.8RC1, nextgen 1.3, Firefox 3.5b4 on OS10.5, with Flash 10).
    - I can’t get the custom sort to work for the thumbnails. In the gallery options, i’ve checked “custom order”; I then go to a gallery, re-order some thumbnails, but when I hit “Update sort order”, it all goes back to the previous sort order.

Oh, and is there a way to remove the images and galleries from rss feed generated by WordPress ? Modifying the code isn’t a problem, but I don’t know where to look.

18. Gravatar Icon 18 Mauvan Posted June 8th, 2009 - 10:59

Great: sub-albums. My feature request from the first version of NGG I installed.
    I’m gonna try it as soon as I can.
    Thanks Alex!

19. Gravatar Icon 19 Mait Posted June 8th, 2009 - 11:08

This is great plugin. But where I can see my nextgal version number in wordpress. It sees that new version is available, but when I upgrade it, it still there.

20. Gravatar Icon 20 Mait Posted June 8th, 2009 - 11:12

Sorry, already found it. Thanks for the new version.

21. Gravatar Icon 21 Mait Posted June 8th, 2009 - 11:32

I had to downgrade this because it’s doubling my pictures in album 5 times. Don’t know why. Any ideas?

And why RSS readers can’t display pictures but only descriptions?

22. Gravatar Icon 22 samuelepas Posted June 8th, 2009 - 19:29

I have the same problem. After the upgrade, it’s doubling pictures in album.
    Help me please ;)

23. Gravatar Icon 23 Suman Haldar Posted June 8th, 2009 - 21:27

Thanks Alex for the very much expecting update. I will say this is on of the best gallery script available for WordPress so far. I have upgraded to the new version today. Everything seems to be right other than this simple Problem in gallery page. The pagination link for the gallery page is not working for me. Here is the problem :

What could be the solution. I don’t know whether it is only me.

24. Gravatar Icon 24 Josh Posted June 8th, 2009 - 23:02

greetings,
    have a question … wasn’t sure the best place to post it. I have set up the next gen gallery in in album view … is there a way to get rid of the photo numbers? (where it says 23 Photos … or whatever number)

thanks!
    you can reply to josh@clayproductions.com

25. Gravatar Icon 25 Rob Posted June 8th, 2009 - 23:36

Thanks for all your work on this Alex, much appreciated.

A small feature request (which I’ll add to the google code page) to enhance single pic use would be the ability to 1. turn off the image link (leaving just a static image) and 2. link single pics to a URL using the short code.

Thanks again.

26. Gravatar Icon 26 Guillermo Posted June 9th, 2009 - 13:33

Just upgraded to v.1.3.1 and the new features are great! Congratulations!

I love the new AJAX navigation.

The way I use NextGEN Gallery is, I have a WP Page with only this content:
    [album id=1 template=extend]

This way, that page shows all the galleries in the album id=1
    You can see it live here:

What I would suggest is that when a user clicks to view a gallery (as you can see here: http://bit.ly/3udxI) notice that in that page there is no me information about the gallery I am at… no title, no description (like the previous page provided)… just the photos. It would be nice if I could choose to display the gallery details and title at the top of the photos, this way provide useful information for the users watching the photos. I also noticed in this same view that the HTML TITLE tag does not display the gallery information, it just displays something like: “Album 1 « Gallery 149 « Fotos » PulsoRock.Com” where “Album 1 « Gallery 149″ is the Album ID and gallery ID, the rest is the page title and the blog title. It would be nice it displayed the gallery name instead of the ID#. This way it makes it more SEO friendly.

Those are my suggestions… thanks for a great plug-in….

G

27. Gravatar Icon 27 Q Posted June 9th, 2009 - 18:36

Hey there.

I have just updated the plugin.. And found out that the slideshow isn’t working now… :(
    What to do???

28. Gravatar Icon 28 Hans Posted June 10th, 2009 - 08:19

@ AK and Q,

Missing the slideshow? Read the instructions: options – slideshow:

The settings are used in the JW Image Rotator Version 3.17 . See more information for the Flash Player on the web page JW Image Rotator from Jeroen Wijering.

Cheers!

29. Gravatar Icon 29 haaselsa Posted June 10th, 2009 - 12:15

hi,

i did the upgrade to 1.3.1 auto from the plugins page and now similarly to AK & Q, the ‘view as slideshow’ on gallery view does not work. it loops back to the album view. it used to work perfectly before the upgrade i did last nite. the slideshow widget works still so i dont think it is the settings etc, which i have not changed since.

tried redling the 1.3.0 version and downgrade. doesnt work.
    deactivating plugins & reactivating one by one. doesnt work.
    checked my slideshow settings.

any idea how to get the ‘view as slideshow’ link working again? btw the piclens works still.

30. Gravatar Icon 30 emile Posted June 10th, 2009 - 14:19

hello
    i have a problem with your plugin since 3 mounth ago

and nobody answer me

could you see my problem on http://wordpress.org/support/topic/248346?replies=8#post-1097195

thanks

31. Gravatar Icon 31 lulu Posted June 10th, 2009 - 16:56

Suddenly become automatically repeat?

for example:

32. Gravatar Icon 32 Alex Posted June 11th, 2009 - 11:13

Hi, first of all good job
    I’ve a request: why not include a search box in the administration panel, in order to find a gallery?

33. Gravatar Icon 33 Blandine Posted June 13th, 2009 - 21:36

Nice. Let’s see.

may I suggest something for your next update?

It would be great to be able to easily transfer or copy a picture from one album or gallery to another.

Especially since the creation of awesome snipi, it would be useful, since all the snipi picture would go in the same gallery, i wish I could easily move them to their respective galleries.

34. Gravatar Icon 34 ToothbrushNomads Posted June 16th, 2009 - 18:13

Great update! Love the subalbums, I’ve been waiting for those. Just one suggestion though – it’d be great if a subalbum (or album for that matter) could be easily linked to a specific page, like the galleries.

Thanks again for an awesome plugin :)

35. Gravatar Icon 35 Emma Posted June 20th, 2009 - 16:45

hi. :) Great plugin!

I can’t figure out how to make sub albums? I want to have an album with a couple of gallerys inside that shows like folders..

Like “Emmas pictures” and inside emmas pictures you can find three folders – Emma, friends, and pets. and In each folder theres a gallery.. Do you get what I mean?

How do I do this?

36. Gravatar Icon 36 Reiki Posted July 1st, 2009 - 08:06

Excellent information. Finding a few such solutions has taken hours in the past.

Thank u.

37. Gravatar Icon 37 Sus Posted July 1st, 2009 - 12:45

We have some problem with the function “Sort” in a gallery. After dragging and dropping the pictures we click “update sort order” but then the pictures go back to the original sort order. It worked before we upgrade to WP 2.8. Anything you have noticed?

38. Gravatar Icon 38 iconico Posted July 2nd, 2009 - 05:14

Me too I have a problem to sort the images: when I click on Update Sort Order, it goes back to the unsorted default…

Any idea how to fix that?

And THANKS for that beautiful plugin, by the way…

39. Gravatar Icon 39 angelique Posted July 3rd, 2009 - 18:16

Bonjour

Dans NextGEN Gallery dans la création d’un album impossible de glisser/déposer une gallery dans l’album, je ne peux rien sélectionner dans la page ni même déplacer, j’ai essayé sous mozilla, ie, google chrome, safari aucun ne veux déplacer quoi que ce soit. j’ai bien la flèche de déplacement de la souris
    svp aidé moi ça fait des heures que je cherche.

MERCI

40. Gravatar Icon 40 angelique Posted July 3rd, 2009 - 18:19

ceci depuis la nouvelle version: NextGEN Gallery Version 1.3.3

41. Gravatar Icon 41 angelique Posted July 6th, 2009 - 12:43

Bonjour, je suis bien sur revenue a l’ancienne version mais rien n’y fait un coup, j’arrive a déplacer l’album et puis d’un cou je ne peux plus le faire loll un truc de fouuuuuuuu

merci pour votre aide ;-)

PS/ si j’obviens à avoir une solution je viendrais la mettre ici ;-)

42. Gravatar Icon 42 Esther Posted July 10th, 2009 - 03:55

Hi!!

I can’t update my “sort gallery” in wordpress…I saw that two more people have the same problem, anyone know how to handle this?
    i can’t find the solution anywehere!!

43. Gravatar Icon 43 angelique Posted July 24th, 2009 - 12:58

Good morning In NextGEN Gallery in the creation of an impossible album to slip / deposit a gallery into the album, I can choose nothing in the page nor even move nothing, I tried google under mozilla, ie, chromium, safari no please move whatever it is. I have the arrow of déplaceme definitely

44. Gravatar Icon 44 angelique Posted August 6th, 2009 - 21:44

:resolu: ha Mon doudou (mon homme) :lol:qui héberge mon site à trouvé d’où venais le problème, voici c’est explication pour ceux à qui cela pourrais arriver: Pour ceux qui se trouve sous linux :angel:

se rendre dans /etc/php.ini
    modifier memory_limit = 64M (au lieu de 32)
    max_execution_time = 60 (au lieu de 15)

relancer serveur lighttpd

voilà et maintenant, je peux glisser, déplacer mes albums :beer::beer:

Merci à tous ceux qui mon apportés de l’aide:resolu::resolu:

45. Gravatar Icon 45 roger hyde Posted August 22nd, 2009 - 13:39

Great gallery thank you…

Running 1.3.5 on WP 2.8.4 and like some in the above comments, am having the same issue with the sort order reverting to unsorted when trying to edit the order that galleries roll through.

Am not able to see a gallery in anything but random order, despite specific file naming, and many different configurations within the Gallery > Options > Gallery – Sort Options, section, or when this is set to Custom within the Gallery > Manage Gallery – Sort Gallery options.

3 questions…

1) Am I being stupid and is the solution obvious?
    2) Am I doing the procedure correctly and is this a bug?
    3) If it is a bug is there a fix or not?

Thanks, Roger

46. Gravatar Icon 46 Klaus Posted August 22nd, 2009 - 16:05

I’m a bit lost.
    I am trying to take advantage of the new subalbum feature and restructured my galleries/albums.
    The structure is as follows:
    A)Galleries
    1. Animals
    a. Birds etc.
    2. Nature etc.

Navigating from the main gallery to e.g. the Animals Album is
    working, however from there (http://virtua-gallery.com/wp/nggallery/page-448/album-1/) the links refer back to the same page as supposed to go down further in the hierarchy.

Any advice?

47. Gravatar Icon 47 V Posted August 23rd, 2009 - 17:49

Hi,
    I have the same problem as Angelique. But I am not working with Linux… I am on Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 8.
    I can’t manage my album properly : The “slip/deposit” doesn’t work since I have updated with the newest version. I tried with older version but still didn’t work.
    Please help!
    Thanks for the answer.

48. Gravatar Icon 48 Tmik Posted September 8th, 2009 - 07:22

I wanted to chime in on the image sort order problem. Everything works fine except for that and that, unfortunately for me, is a big issue with our editors.

49. Gravatar Icon 49 ersin Posted February 25th, 2010 - 09:59

i think nextgen gallery is the best for all wordprss plugins :D

50. Gravatar Icon 50 HD Film indir Posted March 25th, 2010 - 03:30

Hi!!

i can’t find the solution anywehere!!